Do you wonder what exactly is going on inside your tween’s or teen’s mind? Would you like to be a fly on the wall for the real conversations that tweens and teens have with their friends and peers? Talk to Me! offers just that – written by one of Ireland’s foremost Relationship and Sexuality Education facilitators, with 24 years’ experience talking frankly and openly with both pre-teens and teenagers, Talk to Me! offers a frank and honest perspective on the views, opinions, worries and expectations of pre-teens and teenagers on a wide range of subjects. As well as sharing insights from her work with students, Anita also provides useful advice to parents on how to deal with tricky questions and open up awkward but necessary conversations.
Talk to Me! covers topics such as:
• The pressures that children experience
• Worries about appearance
• LGBTQ+ issues
• Abusive/dysfunctional relationships
• Sex and unplanned pregnancy
• Contraception and STIs
• Intellectual, emotional, spiritual and physical development
• ‘The Talk’
• Intimacy – and how to address this with teenagers
• The effect of drink and drugs on relationships
• Teenagers’ needs in and expectations of relationships
• Toxic friendships
• How parents can get back in touch with their inner child
• Active listening
• The impact of technology and pornography
Easy to read, balanced and informative, Talk to Me! is essential reading for parents, but will also be of interest to educators, coaches, RSE facilitators, therapists and anyone who works with children and young adults regularly.
Anita Conlan is one of Ireland’s foremost Relationship and Sexuality Education facilitators, working with thousands of students each year. Recently retired, she has 24 years’ experience managing a team of 14 facilitators who deliver RSE programmes to over 400 schools and 30,000 students per year. As well as working with students personally, she designed programmes for all age groups and trained facilitators to deliver these programmes.