Love Rewired is a fascinating examination of how developments in brain science can be employed to improve our relationships. The author uses extensive case studies from his work as a therapist combined with his vast knowledge of brain science to answer some fundamental questions that intrigue us all, such as:
- What happens in our brain when we argue?
- Where do our habits come from?
- Do men and women have different brains?
- Do our brains cause affairs?
- Is sex really addictive?
- Can brain science make us better parents?
- Why do we stay in bad relationships?
- Why do people change after marriage?
- Can you really change someone you love?
David Kavanagh is a dating coach and registered family therapist. His advice has appeared in magazines such as Stellar, U and FHM, and newspapers such as the Irish Independent, Irish Examiner and Sunday Business Post. On the BBC hit TV show You’re Not the Man I Married, he helped six married couples regain their spark. He has appeared on The Ryan Tubridy Show as a dating expert and can often be heard on Newstalk, BBC Radio Northern Ireland and Spin fm.
He manages a team of relationship consultants who prepare engaged couples for marriage, and runs mindfulness programmes in Ireland and the UK. He also consults for Synaptic Potential, one of Europe’s leading neuroscience training organisations.